Thursday, September 27, 2007

Loving lampwork

For the longest time, all I used in my creations was silver and gemstones. Recently I've started using artisan glass, or lampwork as some call it. (I do too!) I have to say that not only am I in love with making beads I'm also in love with using them. I've found some amazing hot glass artisans that make me drool over their beads without trying, and I love using their work in my pieces.

The first I have to talk about is Melissa at Inner Realm Creations. Melissa is an amazing woman with an eye for design and color that makes me green with envy. You can find her designs on Ebay as well as Etsy. She's incredibly creative and uses a ton of color in her pieces. One of my most favorite one of her sets is to the left. She uses a lot of sterling mesh and wire too.


Secondly, Gail of Beadles.de. Gail really has an outlook on beads that I can only call "neat" because there isn't another word to describe it. Her designs are very different, she often uses the stars in the sky to inspire her. She can be found on her website as well as Ebay.



My third artist that I have to sing the praises of tonight is Steve Rhoades of Bokamo Designs. I had the pleasure of meeting Steve and his wife at the past Bead Renaissance show in Denver and he was amazing to talk with. Steve uses Boro (or Borosilicate) glass to create amazing beads. You can find his designs on the Bokamo Designs website.

No comments: